Discord quickly became one of the most widely used platforms on the Internet, which is partly due to its development team listening to user feedback and constantly adding new features to improve the service. Among these improvements that have been added to the platform we enter the two- step authentication, which helps us keep our account secure.
That’s why, if you want to improve the security of your account, on this occasion we will explain how to set up two-factor authentication for Discord from your mobile, so that you don’t need your computer to improve the security of your account.
Activate and configure Two-Step Authentication for Discord from the mobile Now we are going to explain in a very quick and simple way the steps you have to follow in order to activate the Two-Factor Authentication for Discord in each of the mobile operating systems:
- Open the Discord application from your iOS device.
- Then click on the Settings icon (gearwheel), to enter the user settings.
- Then choose the Account option to enter the Account Settings.
- Select the Two-Factor Authentication option.
- If you do not already have one installed, you will be asked to download an Authentication application, such as Authy or Google Authenticator. You can use the one you prefer.
- Once any of these 2 applications are installed, you will be asked to connect the app to Discord.
- For that you will have to generate a code and then copy it into Discord to establish the connection.
- Once you are logged in, 2-Step Authentication will be active on your Discord account.
- Before the process is complete, you will be presented with a screen that recommends adding your phone number as a backup method and you will also be given some backup codes. Add your phone and store these codes in a safe place.
This is all you have to do to activate it in iOS, now let’s see how it’s done in another system.
Now we will explain the steps you should follow in Android to be able to activate this security option:
- To get started, you need to open the Discord application on your Android device.
- Now go to the Settings section (gear icon) to access the user settings.
- Within this window, select the Account option.
- Within this window you will have to select the option Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- If you do not yet have this type of application, you will be asked to download an Authentication Application, and you can choose between Google Authenticator or Authy.
- After installing either of these two applications you will have to start the connection process.
- For that you will have to connect the applications so that the protection process can be established.
- That’s it, once the connection between applications is complete, Two-Step Authentication will be enabled on your account.
- Remember to add your phone number as a backup and also download the backup codes they will give. These methods are useful to access your account in case you cannot use the application.
That’s it! These are the steps to follow to set up 2-step authentication in Discord from your mobile device. It’s a really simple method that you should be able to take advantage of without any major complications.