When you start your own Discord server, there are usually not many people on it, but on everyone’s Discord server there will come a time when everything will be known and successful, and it will become a public discussion platform, where everyone will want to participate.
When that time comes, you may need more than just administrators for your server, because you may not be able to devote as much time to it as you would like, or when you are not present, the server may need someone to take care of it.
Whatever the case, you need to know how to transfer ownership of the server to someone else. The procedure is simple and takes only a few moments.
Before transferring ownership of the server, you need to make sure that you choose a trusted person and not a random person.
How do I transfer ownership of a Discord server?
To transfer ownership of your server to another person, follow these steps:
- First, open the Discord application or go to www.discordapp.com (click here) and log into your account.
- Once you are logged in, open the “Server Settings” for your server by clicking on the “Server Name” button.
- Now, in the “User Management” section, look for the “Members” tab, click on it.
- Place the pointer on the name of the user you are going to choose and click on the three-dot icon.
- You will see a sub-menu appear, click on “Transfer Ownership” in the sub-menu.
- Once this is done, the ownership of the server will be transferred to this user.
You will still be a member of the server, and the income you have will depend on the permissions granted to your role.
That’s it, that’s it! Now you have no excuse if you want to transfer ownership of a Discord server to another person of your choice.