In this tutorial we are going to show you how to put music bots in Discord in a quick and easy way, explaining step by step everything you have to do to carry out this process, which is actually easier than you think.
As you may already know by now, Discord is one of the most used applications by gamers, since the application allows them to have a fluid communication with their teammates while they are playing. But it is also used by all kinds of groups and communities, since it really is an application that has been adjusted to the needs of many people.
One of the features that we can take advantage of in this platform is that we have the option to share music with our friends. This way we can create a good atmosphere among everyone in the group, whether they are chatting, playing, working, etc.
You must take into account that in order to follow the steps that we are going to explain in this article it is necessary to be an administrator of the Discord server, besides it is also of vital importance to install a music bot. That is why it is one of the most requested bots in this kind of servers.
It is for this precise reason that this time we are going to explain in this tutorial how to set up music bots in Discord in just a few minutes, being able to add music to the server without having to complicate the process too much.
In case you are a bit worried about the complexity of this process, you should know that it is a very simple process and you won’t need to know much about bots or Discord to be able to add this bot. Besides, by following the step-by-step tutorial we have prepared for you, you will notice that it is extremely simple, so you really don’t have much to worry about.
Without more to say for the moment, let’s start explaining the steps you should follow in order to have a good experience while adding the music bot on your Discord server:
- To get started you have to log in toRythm using the web browser of your choice.
- Once you are there, you will need to select the option that says + Invite Rythm, which can be found at the top right of the page.
- After you have clicked on this option you will have to log in to Discord.
- Once you have logged in you will have to enter your Discord access data so that you can give authorization to install the bot on your server.
- A window will appear in which you will see a drop-down menu over which you will have to hover the cursor and then select the server on which you want to add the bot.
- Once you are ready, all you have to do is click on the Authorize option, which is located at the bottom right of the screen.
- You will have to complete the Google captcha in order to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Before finishing you will have to open Discord on your computer, being able to use the application on your desktop. Now select the Start option located at the bottom left of Windows and then type Discord and press the Enter key.
How to create a Discord server?
In case you don’t know how to create a Discord server you should know that it is really simple to do so, besides it is obviously necessary for you to know how to put music bots on Discord.
These are the steps you have to follow in order to create a server:
- The first thing you have to do is to enter Discord and there you must go to the menu on the left side of the screen, where you have to click on the icon (+), if you do not see it is possible that this icon is hidden, something that only happens when you have already added several servers in your account.
- If this is the case, you will have to scroll down the side menu and there you will see the icon you are looking for.
- When you click on the icon you will see two options appear on the screen, but in this case the one we are interested in is the Create option.
- To continue you will have to name your server and then you will also have the option to change the icon.
- Another option that you will be able to find is the option to modify the Server Region, for which you will have to select the Change option, and finally you will have to click on the Create option.
Selecting and installing the music bot on the server
- Having Discord open, the first thing you will have to do is to choose the server where you previously specified that you wanted the bot to be (in the steps of the drop-down menu).
- Next, you will have to click on a voice channel. To be able to listen to the music it is clear that you have to be connected to a voice channel, otherwise it is simply not possible.
- Now what you have to do is to write in that channel: Play <song or artist>, where you will have to change “song” or “artist” for what you want to listen to.
- Rythm will then start searching YouTube for that song or songs by that artist to start playing them on the channel.
- Inside the Rythm page you will find the option Features & Commands, where you can find all the commands that you can use in your Discord to use the bot.
- You will be able to use it whenever you want and the different members of each voice channel will have the possibility to do it themselves, as long as they have the necessary permissions to do so.
Actually, it is quite simple to learn how to use bots in Discord, so you should not have many problems, especially with the bots that serve to play music and enjoy it at the same time as our friends.
The best music bots for Discord
We have already explained you how to put Music bots in Discord using Rythm, but you must be clear that there is a good variety of bots for Discord available, so we are going to recommend you several of them. So you will have the option to see what each of them offers and determine which one best suits your needs.
Next, we are going to show you the best options so that you can put a music bot in Discord:
Let’s start talking about Rythm, since it was the bot with which we explained the steps of our tutorial. In large part we did this because it is one of the most used options currently, as it is in fact the one with the most downloads to date.
This is not by coincidence, since it is actually an option that has a very simple and easy to use interface. On the other hand, it also gives us access to different music platforms, being able to find in them the most used platforms at the moment.
However, we want to highlight the fact that some of its best features is that it gives us the option to import a playlist from YouTube. This can undoubtedly be an excellent option, since this way you will not have to worry about creating a new list and waste time in the process.
We can also highlight the fact that the sound quality offered by this bot is really good, so you will not have to worry about the quality of the music you are listening to.
There is no doubt that Groovy is another of the best options that we can find currently available. In fact, we can say that it is currently the best rated music bot for Discord.
In large part we can say that its good rating is due to the fact that it is a very versatile option, since it has access to different music platforms such as Spotify and YouTube, among other of the most popular music platforms out there. In addition, we can also highlight the fact that it has a very clean and easy to understand options menu.
The bot gives the option to create playlists, so you can listen to all the music you want without having to get too complicated once the list is made.
Ayana is one of the music bots that has begun to attract a lot of attention for everything it offers, as it has quickly become the preferred choice of a large number of Discord users.
Among the main reasons why it has become so popular we can highlight the fact that it is very effective in allowing us to play our favorite music from any of the most popular platforms. In addition to that, we can see reactions or images posted by our friends in order to interact with them about the music we are playing.
But that’s not all, as it also has a very clean and easy to use interface, as well as a good number of practical and useful features that make this one of the most versatile bots that we can find available today. Without a doubt, if you are going to learn how to put music bots on Discord, this is an option that you should take into account.
As a last recommendation we want to talk about Fredboat, an option that is a bit more complex than the previous ones but still very effective. However, you will have to take your time to fully understand all the functions it has to offer.
However, its level of complexity comes with several advantages, such as the possibility of playing music from Spotify, Twitch, Vimeo, YouTube and other platforms, which means that it is one of the most versatile options currently available. We can also highlight that it is completely free and does not need to be configured after being downloaded.
Up to this point you already know almost everything about how to put music bots on Discord, but there are still some details that you should not overlook if you want to have the best possible experience, because as we mentioned, some of these bots can play music from Sportify, so it is clear that you will want to use your account.
You can synchronize your Spotify account with Discord in a very simple way, so you shouldn’t waste more than a couple of minutes in this procedure. This is a good way to see what your friends are listening to so you can play it.
These are the steps you have to follow in order to synchronize:
- You must start by logging in to the Discord application. In case you don’t have it yet, you will have to download it to your computer and then start it.
- The next thing you will have to do is open the application, go to the menu on the left and select the Connections option.
- You will see several options appear, from which you will have to select Spotify.
- There you will be able to make the connection between both applications, but you must be logged in to Spotify, if you have not already done so,
- To finish the synchronization process you will have to click on the Ok option.
There, now you are done with the synchronization between both applications and you already know how to put music bots in Discord, so you should not have many complications about it and you should already know how to use any music bot you want to use in your Discord server, since the truth is that the process is quite similar for most of them.