Do you want to learn how to play music in Discord? You must already know that Discord is one of the most popular applications today among gamers, although the truth is that its use has spread to work teams, friends and even in some cases even family members.
The main reason why it is so popular is because it is perfect for creating communities that share the same tastes or the same objectives. It is for this reason that the application is so popular, plus thanks to the use of bots the application allows us to have many extra features that are quite interesting.
Among these features we can highlight the fact that it allows us to listen to playlists, something that we can do in a very simple way taking advantage of the bots that we can use on the platform, for which we will only have to follow a series of very simple steps.
The first thing you should know is that bots work as programs within another application, which serve to perform different tasks following very simple steps. Thanks to this, we can currently find very good varieties of music bots for Discord, which we are going to talk about this time.
On the other hand, we know that hearing the word “bots” for some users may sound intimidating, something that requires a lot of advanced knowledge, but the truth is that it is a very simple process, especially if you follow the steps we are going to share with you below.
Also, you should know that the Spotify platform allows you to link both applications to listen to your favorite songs from the Discord application without having to complicate too much, an advantage that undoubtedly a good number of users will want to take advantage of.
An important detail that you have to take into account is that we can find a great variety of music bots for Discord, but this time we are going to teach you how to do it with Groovy, which is currently the most popular bot for playing music.
However, once we have shown you how to add this bot, we are also going to share with you a list of the best bots to play music on Discord, so that you can choose the one you like the most or fit your needs.
With the above in mind, now let’s start explaining how to play music in Discord:
- The first thing you have to do is go to the official Groovy website and select the purple button that says “Add to Discord“.
- The next thing you will have to do is to select a server, either your own server or a server you have been invited to. For this case it is called “Discord Music“.
- Now the Groovy platform will ask you for permissions to be able to work as Administrator. To give it the permissions you have to select the “Authorize” option.
- Now you will see a window appear on the screen where you will have to solve a captcha in order to confirm that you are human. Once you have solved the captcha that appears on the screen select the “Verify” option. Once you have done this, open the Discord application on your computer.
- Inside the application you have to look for the server where you have selected Groovy.
- Under “Voice Channels” select the “General” option.
- Now you will have to type the command “-play” (without forgetting the hyphen) and then you will only have to select the song and then you have to select the name of the artist you want to listen to and press the “Enter” key.
- Then a message will be sent and you will receive another message saying “Now Playing” for automatic playback of that song.
- In case you want the song to stop, you will have to type “-pause” (with the hyphen).
- In case you want to continue playing the song you have paused, you will simply have to type “-resume“.
- In case you want to go back to the list of songs you searched for earlier, you will now have to type “queue”.
- If you searched for several songs and you want these songs to play as a loop, then you will have to type “-loop queue”.
- In case you have the desire to see the video of the song you are listening to (if it has one), then all you have to do is click on the click of the song that is in a blue color inside the bot.
As you can see the list of commands you have to use is really simple and you should have no problems to listen to your favorite music, being able to pause, resume or change it whenever you want without having to leave Discord.
It is very important to remember that you have to click on the “Voice channel” option you have available. In case you have chosen “Text channels”, then the music will not be played in Discord.
You already know how to play music on Discord, but in case you have an account on the Spotify application and you want to listen to your playlists that you already have inside your Discord account, you should know that this can be done and that it’s really not that complicated.
In order to do so, all you have to do is follow the steps we are going to explain below:
- Select the gear icon at the bottom.
- Now you will have to select the “Connections” option.
- The next thing you will need to do is select the Spotify icon.
- You will then need to log in to your Spotify account.
- Accepts the linking of both platforms
Following the five simple steps that we have explained above you should already be able to listen and share the playlists you have within the Spotify application. This way you and your friends will have the option to see the songs, artists and minutes of playback in a very simple way from your profile.
Now that you know how to play music in Discord you must remember that at the beginning of this article we mentioned that Groovy was not the only music bot for Discord that we can install in our server.
That is why, below, we are going to show you a list of the best music bots that you can try on your server, as maybe one of these will suit you or your specific needs:
Let’s start by talking a bit more about Groovy, since it’s the option we’ve shown you in this tutorial, so we want to make sure you’re a bit clearer about why we made that decision.
To begin with, we can say that this is one of the most complete and practical music bots for Discord, plus its installation process is very simple. Also, as we have seen, its commands are very easy to use, which makes the whole user experience quite unique.
We can also find available a series of basic options quite striking that in general help us to have a very good experience using this bot.
Ayana is another of the music bots for Discord that we can not leave out, plus for many users it has the advantage that it can be configured in Spanish and other languages.
Likewise, we can also highlight the fact that it plays your songs from SoundCloud, YouTube, Twitch and other platforms. As an extra point, we can also say that it allows us to react to the music together with the people with whom we are sharing it.
Rythm is another of the favorite and most popular bots regarding music playback within Twitch, so it’s clear that we couldn’t leave it out either.
This bot also has a series of very useful options that will attract the attention of anyone, although it is true that its commands are somewhat limited, these do not prevent us from enjoying the most of everything that this program offers us.
Among some of its main advantages, we can highlight the fact that it allows us to import playlists from YouTube and SoundCloud, so you will no longer have to waste time making new playlists.
This bot does not stand out for being the most advanced of the list and may be a little more complicated than other options, but the truth is that among its main advantages we can highlight the fact that it does not require any special configuration.
Among other advantages, we can also say that the sound quality of its playlists is one of the best. Also, the commands with which it is used are quite simple, so you should not have any problems to use them.
Although it is a bot that is quite complete and has a good number of functions available that we can use with some custom commands, it is still one of the best options we have at our fingertips to listen to all kinds of music.
In the case of 24/7 we are faced with a bot that has a good amount of control options, although you should keep in mind that we get access to these options when we become a Premium member.
However, you should keep in mind that it includes a good number of songs and videos, and it can play radio music no matter how long they are.
Although we must take into account that it is not as complete an option as the others we have mentioned in this list, a detail that you must take into account if you are thinking of giving it a try.
To finish with our list of recommendations we find Vexara, another option that also has several very interesting options, plus many people like it because it can be configured in Spanish, although you should know that it supports up to 15 different languages, so it can be adapted to a large number of users.
Among other features that we can highlight of this bot, we can say that it also has very practical and easy to use commands. However, in order to access the vast majority of the functions you will have to be a Premium user, a feature that clearly has not ended up delighting other people.
There, now you know how to play music on Discord and you also know that there are a lot of bots available that allow you to enjoy your favorite music whenever you want.
In addition, you should also keep in mind that the process you have to follow to do so is very simple and is very similar for almost all the bots, so this tutorial can be very helpful to install the vast majority of the bots that we have talked about previously.
However, an important detail that you should keep in mind and that we do not recommend you to overlook is that you will have to learn or write down the necessary commands for each of the bots, since not all of them use the same ones. As we have seen throughout the article, they allow you to delay, fast forward, pause, resume and play the music, so it is clear that the commands are very important.
With these bots you can easily listen to music while you play or while you socialize with your community, so they are really quite useful options. Now you know how to Play Music in Discord.